Special Education Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
Our statutory duty is to provide factual and unbiased Special Educational Needs and Disability information; advice and support to Young People, children and Parents aged 0-25. Sendiass provides a free all year round service on the full range of education, health and social care issues as defined in the 2015 Special Educational needs Code of Practice and the National IASP set of Quality Standards. Our goal is to provide a high quality, bespoke, impartial and confidential service to ensure that our service users are at the heart of decision making processes and are fully informed of their options and rights that affect their lives. For more information, please see the SENDIASS OFFER document listed in the download section on this page.
IASS video for parents and young people below:
IASS video for children and young people below:
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- SENDIASS RBG
- 020 8921 8402
Where to go
- The Point
47, Woolwich New Road
- SE18 6EW
- Age Ranges
- 0-25 years.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
The service is provided to all young people, children, parents and carers of children (0-25) who have or may have a special educational need and/or disability.
Young people, children and parents/carers are encouraged to refer themselves to this service, although they can also give consent to professionals, that they are already working with, to contact the service on their behalf. The only criteria is that the young person or child must live in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
SENDIASS offers a variety of support including:
• Listening to your concerns about your child’s education and helping you to put your views across (advocacy).
• Telephone, email, face-to-face information, support and advice about Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
• Help for you to understand letters and reports from schools and other professionals.
• Help to write letters about your child’s SEND.
• Accompanying you to meetings at your child’s school or early learning setting.
• Help with disagreements and appeals.
• Signposting you to other services.
• Liaising with other children’s services with your permission.
• Organising and hosting information events throughut the borough.
• Support young people on their future education and encouraging their aspirations.
• Opportunities to meet in venues across the borough.
How To Complain:
If you need to complain or discuss the service you have received from SENDIASS please see the links below:
- Local Offer Age Bands
Pre-Birth - 5 years