Age UK Bromley and Greenwich - Volunteer Opportunities
1- Befriending Service - Home Befrienders and Peer Support Volunteers
Visiting an older person offering conversation, a listening ear or phoning socially isolated clients. Alternatively, help run one of our friendship groups.
- Eltham - 1st and 3rd Monday of every month from 2pm – 4pm
- Charlton - 2nd and 4th Thursday from 2pm – 4pm
Home Visiting Befriending - Monday to Sunday - Daytime and Weekends
2. Day Opportunities Charlton - Helpers
Undertaking fun activities and helping staff with daily programs for the physically frail or living with dementia. Ongoing training and focus groups provided.
Flexible days and times available from 10am-2pm
3. Men in Sheds – Eltham and Woolwich: Volunteer Shed Coordinators
Supporting vulnerable older men who engage in carpentry and activities and helping running the sheds on specific days. Ongoing training and focus groups provided.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays from 10am – 4pm
4. Office Admin
Helping behind the scenes to ensure the smooth running of the office. Data processing, filing and helping to produce reports and this will be across several of our services.
5. Eltham Technology Club - Tech Helpers
Volunteers advise and supervise clients who require help with software and hardware issues that include computers, tablets and smartphones.
Fridays from 10am – 11.30am
6. Wealth of Experience – Helpers
Using your life skills with one off tasks to help the older generation including everything from setting up a TV to changing a light bulb or one off light gardening tasks.
Flexible days and times available
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Lorraine Swift
- Contact Position
- Volunteer Manager
- 020 8315 1883 OR 0208 315 1873
- Age UK Bromley and Greenwich Befriending
We offer a variety of volunteering opportunities which support older people in the community.
- Parent Organisation
- Age UK Bromley & Greenwich
Where to go
- Age UK Bromley and Greenwich
2-6 Sherard Road
- SE9 6EX