Age UK Bromley & Greenwich
Age UK Bromley & Greenwich is a member of the new ‘Connecting Communities Alliance’ in Greenwich. The Alliance is led by The Metro Centre Ltd and the common purposes underlying the activities of the Alliance are to deliver the Connecting Communities for the Royal Borough of Greenwich Health & Adults Services Grant 2019-2023.
The following organisations are members of the Alliance:
- Greenwich Association of Disabled People (GAD)
- The Metro Centre Ltd
- Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich Mind
- Volunteer Centre Greenwich
- Age UK Bromley & Greenwich
- Greenwich MENCAP
Under the new Alliance funding, Age UK Bromley & Greenwich will offer free, independent and confidential information, general one-off advice and guidance to adults and older people, their carers and/or their relatives in Greenwich, and our main focus will be to assess needs and signpost people to the relevant funded, regulated and specialist advice and information services and other relevant support services and activities.
Age UK Bromley & Greenwich also offer the following services to Greenwich residents:
- Greenwich Befriending Service – Our befriending volunteers offer a vital lifeline to older people and vulnerable adults who would otherwise feel totally alone and socially isolated.
- Technology Clubs and IT courses – Our clubs offer space where people can learn about tablets, laptops, smart phones and much more. And our IT courses are designed to help people to learn about Microsoft Windows computers and how the internet can help with everyday life.
- Men in Sheds and Women in Sheds Pilot – These services offer workshop based projects for men or women to meet up and learn or share skills, help the community or just have a chat over a cup of tea.
- Okey Cokey Club for Gurkha Veterans – This is a social and educational project for Gurkha veterans their wives, widows and beneficiaries.
- Clip it – Toenail Cutting Service – This is a chargeable but affordable service to help people remain mobile and active. The service is accessible at different clinics throughout the borough or at people’s homes.
- Art courses – This is a chargeable but affordable service designed to teach people to paint and enjoy the experience. Art can be therapeutic and can help people combat issues like isolation and bereavement.
- Sitting & Standing Exercise Classes – This is a chargeable but affordable service designed to facilitate mobility, movement, flexibility, fun and are a good opportunity to meet others. The classes are run by qualified instructors and are provided as a low impact exercise class for people 50+.
To access our service or find out more:
Drop in: Monday to Friday 9.30 – 13.30
Telephone: 020 8315 1878
For information on money matters visit www.ageuk.org.uk
Who to contact
Where to go
- Community House
- BR1 1RH