Scam - Cold Callers Alert Trading Standards September 2017
The Royal Borough of Greenwich has received reports of cold callers claiming to work for the Council and trying to gain access to homes and cash deposits for drain cleaning work.
These are not genuine Royal Borough of Greenwich employees. We take reports of this nature extremely seriously. If a resident suspects that an individual is posing as a Royal Borough employee, they should report it immediately to our Neighbourhood Response Team on 020 8921 2892 so that it can be investigated. We take the firmest possible action against scammers and are very grateful to residents for alerting us to these cases.
• Do not engage with cold callers for home improvement works
• Carefully consider what work you actually need doing
• Get more one than quote when choosing a trader
• Use the recommended “What trader scheme” to find a reliable trader
Remember to SAY NO to Rogue Traders
• You do not have to agree to work being offered.
• Your 14 day “cooling off” period when buying on your doorstep.
Find out more at www.adviceguide.org.uk
Who to contact
- 020 8921 8223
- Royal Greenwich Trading Standards
- Parent Organisation
- Royal Greenwich Trading Standards Rapid Response Team