Reading Well - Books on Prescription
Reading Well - Books on Prescription helps you to understand and manage your health and wellbeing using self-help reading. The scheme is endorsed by health professional and supported by public libraries. Health professionals involved in the book selection process never have any conflict of interest with the titles selected for each book list.
There are currently four book lists available:
- Reading Well Books on Prescription for common mental health conditions,
- Reading Well Books on Prescription for dementia
- Reading Well for young people
- Reading Well for long term conditions.
How does it work?
The books are available for anyone to borrow from the local library. Your GP or another helath professional may also have recommended one of the titles.
- Go to your local library, where you can borrow the book for free.
- If the book is not available, you can reserve it. Free reservations are available in most libraries.
- You might choose to read the whole book or focus on the parts that seem most relevant to you.