Disabled Children’s Occupational Therapy Team
The Occupational Therapy team work with children aged 0-18 years who have a permanent disability and difficulty completing day to day tasks at home and in the community. Occupational Therapists will make recommendations about what changes can be made at home and what equipment may help.
Aids and adaptations can be recommended to promote children’s independence and ensure their safety, as well as the safety of those providing their care.
Social care Occupational Therapists are responsible for:
- Providing specialist equipment to support with activities of daily living eg bathing, toileting
- Making recommendations for minor and major adaptations such as ramps, level access shower, through floor lift
- Providing equipment to support moving and handling eg hoists and slings
Social care Occupational Therapists are not responsible for:
- Providing specialist seating for home. Please contact the Oxleas NHS Occupational Therapist
- Providing wheelchairs. Please contact the Wheelchair Service
- Providing support with rehousing. Please contact the Housing Allocations Team
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Childrens Occupational Therapist
- 020 8921 2982