Stolen British Gas Uniforms
Royal Greenwich Trading Standards have been made aware of British Gas Uniforms that have been stolen in the London area.
Please refer to this link for further information:
We would urge all residents in the Borough to be extra vigilant, and verify the authenticity of anyone claiming to be from the company.
If you are unsure in any way, do not let them into your property, all legitimate staff will be happy for you to contact British Gas and confirm their identity.
This advice applies to all cold callers, you must be confident they are who they say they are before allowing them into your home.
• SAY NO to uninvited callers
• SAY NO to cash payments
• SAY NO to unnecessary repairs
• SAY NO politely but firmly
• Always ask for official company paperwork when receiving quotes or getting contracts
• You DO NOT have to agree to work being offered to you on your door step
• REMEMBER your 14 day cooling off period when buying on your doorstep. Find out more at; www.citizensadvice.org.uk
If anyone attempts to enter your home without permission, you must call 999.