Anchor & Hope Care Services Ltd
Anchor & Hope Care Services Ltd is a CQC registered Care Home for adults with Mental Health issues. It provides short term and long term as well as respite care and support services for up to 3 persons. We provide a 24 hour service throughout the year.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Stella Ebikeme
- Contact Position
- Registered Manager
020 8316 0215
07460 928 677
Where to go
- Anchor & Hope Care Services Ltd
27 Goldfinch Road
- SE28 0DF
We are conveniently located in the quiet and serene residential area of West Thamesmead, close to parkland and local amenities with very good transport links to most parts of London. ‘Hope House’ as it is fondly known is fully equipped for comfort with modern furniture, TV, washing machine as well as Broadband and Wi-Fi.
- Referral required
- Other notes
What We Do
We offer care and support which include the following:
· Planned care which is person centred to residents
needs including attending CPA reviews.
· Medication management which prompts compliance
and help manage mental well being.
· Prompt, encourage and assist residents to develop
activities of daily living. Guidance/help in accessing
and using community facilities such as shops, pubs,
parks, library, church, mosque, temple, leisure
centres and adult education classes etc.
· Working with clients in setting and achieving
personal goals. Use of Mental Health Recovery Star to
promote choice, independence and recovery.
· Assistance for residents to see their doctors,
dentists and other health care professionals.
Assistance with cooking, laundry, personal care and
Anchor & Hope Care Services Ltd (Hope House) strives to:
· Focus our decision-making around our Service Users. We aim to provide personal care and support which promote service users’ participation and positive outcome for them
· Work for the comprehensive welfare of service users. To provide each service user a package of care that contributes to their overall personal and health care needs and preferences. We will cooperate with other services and professionals to help maximise service users’ independence and ensure as much as possible participation in the community
· Maintain high standards of care and support within a quality environment.
· Ensure that we are fit for purpose. We will examine our operations constantly to ensure that we are achieving our aims and objectives. We welcome feedback from service users, their relatives, friends and other professionals.
· Train and motivate staff to provide a consistent client centred high quality service. Empower staff to exceed expectations.
· Working with clients in setting and achieving personal goals. This sometimes involves working closely with family and partner (where applicable)
· Assistance is offered to give clients the skills to build an independent life in the community.