Age Exchange is the UK’s national leading charity delivering Reminiscence Arts.
The Age Exchange is an inspirational space in the centre of Blackheath that provides a home for a variety of activities and services. With a community café, library, events and specialist groups – there’s something for everyone.
Caring Together Service
There is a wide range of support for older people, people with dementia and other long-term conditions, their families and carers. There are 5 groups, all are free courtesy of generous support from our funders:
- Inspired Caring Mondays 12.30-2.30pm
- Artful Caring Wednesdays 2.00-400pm
- Creative Caring Thursdays 1.00-3.00pm
- Kaleidoscope Cafe for under 65's with young onset dementia and their carers (fortnightly Thursdays 11.30-1.00pm)
- Sundays at Sunfields (fortnightly 1.00-4.00pm at Sunfields Church, Charlton)
- For more information please call Jacqueline on 02083189105
Day Care Service & One to One Support
We welcome people with dementia and their family carers to participate in Age Exchange's new project, which provides the following services for free, kindly funded by the Big Lottery:
- Weekly day care services held at two locations: Age Exchange, 11 Blackheath Village, SE3 9LA (Tuesdays, 11am-3pm) and Conrad Court, Cary Avenue (off Plough Way), SE16 7EJ (Fridays, 11am-3pm).
- One-to-one sessions for those who have difficulty leaving their homes
- Programme of reminiscence arts activity based on successful evidence based Reminiscence Arts (RADIQL) method of working with people with dementia and their carers, designed to maintain the health and well-being of participants
For more information please call Aga on 02083189105
We work with young and old and across generations to create inspiring arts. We deliver creative arts that build confidence, encourage self-esteem and reduce isolation.
For more information please call Malcolm on 02083189105
We facilitate in-house and external training sessions in using reminiscence, arts activities, group facilitation skills and creating resources. Please see our website for more information www.age-exchange.org.uk or call Rebecca on 02083189105
Who to contact
Where to go
- Age Exchange
- SE3 9LA