Independent Age - Advice and Support for Older People
Whatever happens as we get older, we all want to remain independent and live life on our own terms. That’s why, as well as offering regular friendly contact and a strong campaigning voice, Independent Age can provide you and your family with clear, free and impartial advice on the issues that matter: care and support, money and benefits, health and mobility.
Information and Advice covering:
- Money: Benefits, Saving money, Debt, Scams, Working in later life, Pensions, Tax.
- Health: Healthy living, Hospital stays, Healthcare rights, Mental health, Living with long-term health conditions.
- Housing options: Home adaptations, Home security, How to stay safe at home, Moving home, Types of housing, Equity release, Maintaining your home.
- Personal life: Difficult conversations, Staying safe online, Loneliness, When someone dies, Getting out and about, Relationships, Christmas
- Support & care: Assessing your needs, What support is available for me?, Paying for care, Help at home, Care homes, Taking action, Support for carers.
- Future Planning: Power of attorney, Are you owed a power of attorney refund?, Advance decisions and advance statements, Considering where to live at the end of life, Making a will, My funeral plans, Things to talk about before someone dies.
- Advice Guides, Factsheets & Leaflets
A charity founded over 150 years ago, we’re independent so you can be. Please go to our website for further information.
Call our freephone line on 0800 319 6789 for information or advice.