Skip to main content

Choosing a residential care home

The decision to move into residential or nursing care can be a difficult one, and there are often many things to consider when making that decision.

If you are considering moving into residential or nursing care, then you should contact the council’s Contact Assessment Officers on 020 8921 2304.

Your assessing officer will be able to provide you with information about residential and nursing homes within the Royal Borough of Greenwich, and what will be suited to your needs.

We recommend visiting different care homes before making a decision about where you would like to live, as you will be able to meet the carers and other residents living and working there; as well as talk to the staff about your needs and how they can support you.

The Royal Borough of Greenwich has contracts with a number of homes in the borough. If you wish to move to a home not contracted with the Royal Borough this can be arranged; however if the cost of the home exceeds the Royal Borough’s agreed rate, you may occur additional “top-up” fees. We recommend discussing this with your assessing officer.

Give Us Your Feedback